This week was full of pleasant surprises for cannabis investors…
While the coronavirus crisis has continued to dominate the headlines (and our lives), the cannabis industry has managed to find a silver lining.
Here’s a look at this week’s top cannabis industry news, along with a few pleasant surprises and never-before-seen content.
Top Stories in Cannabis Profits Daily
- By now, you’re familiar with CBD tinctures, gummies, balms; you might’ve even tried a CBD-infused beverage. But there’s another type of CBD product that’s on the rise. CBD-infused skincare and beauty products have been hitting the shelves of hundreds of Sephora stores across the country and are available for purchase online. This is one up-and-coming craze we’re paying close attention to. Find out why you should be, too.
- Charlotte’s Web Holdings Inc. (OTC: CWBHF) was the latest cannabis company to make a major acquisition this year. By acquiring Abacus Health Products Inc. (OTC: ABAHF), Charlotte’s Web solidified its status as one of the largest CBD companies in North America. Here’s what this means for you.
- Executive Director Don Yocham recently sat down with David Elsley, the CEO of Cardiol Therapeutics Inc. (OTC: CRTPF), for an exclusive interview. Cardiol produces pharmaceutical-grade CBD that is being tested for the treatment of heart disease; and because the current coronavirus crisis is affecting those with heart disease at a disproportional rate, this company’s mission has become especially relevant. So today, even though these Virtual Pitch Sessions are typically only released to lifetime subscribers, we’re sharing it with all our readers. Watch it here.
- Just because Women’s History Month is over (we can’t believe it’s April already, either) doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the women in our lives. From celebrity chef and cannabis edibles creator to the powerhouse CEO behind one of the most profitable cannabis companies in the United States, these women have been shaping the future of the cannabis industry. Get to know them right here.
- COVID-19 is at the forefront of everyone’s mind right now. It’s affecting our loved ones, our daily routines, the businesses we used to frequent, the stock market…the list goes on and on. Meanwhile, cannabis dispensaries have not only seen an uptick in sales in recent weeks, but they’ve also been deemed essential in many states. And that demand has given local communities surprising hope in the face of the current crisis. Find out why.
- With the coronavirus spread putting states in varying degrees of lockdown, tax revenues are taking a hit. New York, for example, could see a revenue drop of up to $7 billion compared to what it was expecting. There’s no easy solution for making up for that lost revenue. But there’s one thing we do know: cannabis legalization can generate states millions and even billions of dollars. Get the full story.
- We have an announcement! The National Institute for Cannabis Investors is holding its first-ever virtual Town Hall next Wednesday, April 8 at 2:00 P.M. EST. Don’t miss your chance to get your questions answered by Don in real-time. Register today.
Plus – a different type of cannabis company is increasing in popularity and it’s one you’ve probably never heard of.
The Rise of “Blank Check” Companies
Special-purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs for short, are sprouting up left and right in the cannabis sector.
Our experts are revealing their list of cannabis stock recommendations for the highest potential gains in 2020. Get it here.
These SPACs raise money through an IPO and present a lucrative profit opportunity for cannabis investors. But here’s the twist – you don’t know exactly what the SPAC will buy when you purchase shares. You just know the skill sets and backgrounds of the executive team.
And with sometimes decades of experience, cannabis SPAC executives can turn an underperforming company into a gold mine.
P.S. While having a birthday during a stay-at-home order isn’t exactly ideal, Don is making the most of it this weekend. Wish him a Happy Birthday in the comments section below!
One response to “New CBD Trends, New Profit Opportunities”
April 04 2020